BENEFITS of MEMBERSHIP
- NEW for 2013! Receive the newly established "Journal of Threat Assessment and Management (JTAM)".
The JTAM is published by the American Psychological Association and is a forum for scholarly dialogue regarding the most important emerging issues in the field of violence risk assessment. The first issue of the journal will appear in Spring 2013.
- Receive quarterly Intelligence newsletter which keeps you updated on conference and training opportunities, general meetings and other important topics in our field.
- Adds professional credibility to your CV
- Receive discounts to CATAP, AETAP and ATAP Conferences in Canada, Europe and the US
- Learn what others are doing in the field of Canadian Threat Assessment
- Our members’ section of the CATAP website includes:
- Regularly updated literature and research being done in the field of Violence Risk and Threat Assessment.
- Canadian case studies submitted by our members.
- List of CATAP members and their contact info available for networking!
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS (renewing members go to step 5 only)
- Must show proof of background check*
- Must Sign a Confidentiality Agreement
- Complete Membership Form*
- Fax both Confidentiality and Membership form to:
CATAP c/o Duncan Maxwell ITRAC-RCMP Edmonton or 403-974-0501 CATAP c/o Det. Michelle Doyle, Calgary Police BSS
5. Pay Fees ($100.00/yr):
* Note to Members:
During our Annual
General Meeting held in Banff on September 26th, 2012 a resolution
was passed to increase our membership fee from $50 to $100 a year. This increase
will take place in 2013 and coincides with our decision to include the “Journal
of Threat Assessment” as part of the benefits of your membership with CATAP.
This journal is a brand new publication and will include the latest research and
trends in the field of Threat Assessment. (ATAP has also decided to include the
journal as part of the benefits provided to their members). Other benefits to
your membership in CATAP include; reduced conference registration fees, reduced
conference and fees at other affiliated conferences, such as ATAP, access to
international threat assessment contacts and inclusion on a multi-level
internationally recognized accreditation process (more info to come!).
It was also agreed
at the AGM to annualize our renewal dates for membership to April 1st of every year. All memberships renewed or initiated in the first quarter of 2013
will be valid until March 31st 2014. All memberships opened in 2012
will be valid until March 31st 2013. As we transition to this
standardized renewal process there will undoubtedly be a few challenges, please
be patient and call us to discuss exceptions to the process!
Please e-mail our membership coordinators if you have any questions about the membership process
PAYMENT FOR CATAP MEMBERSHIPS IS NONREFUNDABLE. A REFUND WILL ONLY BE PROCESSED UNDER EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES WITH THE APPROVAL OF THE EXECUTIVE OF CATAP
* The CATAP Executive Board is responsible for decisions involving membership